Flipkey - 3% rip-off just to get paid!!! EXTREMELY DISHONEST AND LAZY PEOPLE!!
I rented my personal home outside Toronto via Flipkey. They charge approx 13% commission in my case which is fine. They accepted my booking in Canadian Dollars. They accepted payment from two nice clients in Canadian Dollars. I rented for 5 weeks approx at C$1,500/week.
They did NOT state up front they will take an additional 3% commission just as a check-clearing fee. YES!!! That's what it is, they charge 3% for a zero-risk (to them) transaction.
They have MY money in their bank well in advance. They will not give it to me, I offered my bank account info, or they could mail me a paper cheque. JUST LIKE ANY BUSINESS. You and I pay our bills online every day, it costs zero.
FLIPKEY ARE OUT-AND-OUT THIEVES.
OH, YOU'RE IN CANADA!!! Well up yours Canadians. We hate you, and we at Flipkey are too lazy to set up a free bank account in Canada. (OK, maybe $15/month, not quite free.) Laziness. Bad management. Bottom line: theft of 3% undisclosed in advance, from the very people who trust you enough to do thousands of dollars in business with you.
Whew, waaaay low. My strongest recommendation: Stay away from such people. BTW I used to own the largest Mac computer dealership in Canada, some $100 million a year back in 1995. I know all about paying suppliers (in this case, home owners are their suppliers). You see you just PAY them, write a cheque, or write transfer. No brainer. Millions and millions of times a day, no 3% rip-off!
Oh, yes and that's after a couple days of phone calls to the India call centre in which they verified all my details etc etc ... suddenly once everything is verified ... oops, Canada ... too bad, so sad, we do not like Canadians at Flipkey.
GO AWAY CANADIANS!!!
Way ta go Flipkey and all associated companies including TripAdvisor (for whom I wrote a few reviews, never again.)
You know the old expression.- "Rip me off once, shame on you. Rip me off twice, shame on me!"
SHAMELESS USA ARROGANCE STRIKES AGAIN.
PS: OH, NICE COINCIDENCE, THEIR WEBSITE DOES NOT ACCEPT ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THEM ON THEIR ONLINE CONTACT FORM. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT SEND!!! Not in Safari, not in Firefox. Tried to reach them for a full hour. NO EMAIL ADDRESSES. NO CONTACT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE OVERSEAS (I'm travelling 2 months which is why my home is rented, big time zone diffs.)
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Stealing three percent of payment
- Poor responses from help
- Censorship of mail
- Inconsistencies on web site
- Long wait time on phone
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- House Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "Moss motto 'Your home is our business' should be follow by 'It will cost you until you leave' because your home is clearly not yours but theirs & you are..."
- "The purchase of a home is the largest financial decision most of you will ever make, so don't you think the very people guiding you through that transaction should not..."
- "I notified the landlord from Keller Williams Alex Coates. I explain about the fumes that came from the basement. The odor was so bad after several summer it came through..."
- "October 2, 2015 ....Went for a snack at the McDonalds on Yonge Street in Downtown Toronto....While waiting for my order I took a picture of the Employee making my delicious..."
- "eNom's Domain Name Reseller, William Nelson Cashen "aka" Nelson Cashen & wife Diane Cashen continue to use their ISP, eNom in the USA, and proxy servers "world Wide" to..."
- "I was trying with 10$ and found that the prices on MT4 platform vs Prices on IQ options' platform differ alot. Its like the quotations are their own and not..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."