I rented my personal home outside Toronto via Flipkey. They charge approx 13% commission in my case which is fine. They accepted my booking in Canadian Dollars. They accepted payment from two nice clients in Canadian Dollars. I rented for 5 weeks approx at C$1,500/week.
They did NOT state up front they will take an additional 3% commission just as a check-clearing fee. YES!!! That's what it is, they charge 3% for a zero-risk (to them) transaction.
They have MY money in their bank well in advance. They will not give it to me, I offered my bank account info, or they could mail me a paper cheque. JUST LIKE ANY BUSINESS. You and I pay our bills online every day, it costs zero.
FLIPKEY ARE OUT-AND-OUT THIEVES.
OH, YOU'RE IN CANADA!!! Well up yours Canadians. We hate you, and we at Flipkey are too lazy to set up a free bank account in Canada. (OK, maybe $15/month, not quite free.) Laziness. Bad management. Bottom line: theft of 3% undisclosed in advance, from the very people who trust you enough to do thousands of dollars in business with you.
Whew, waaaay low. My strongest recommendation: Stay away from such people. BTW I used to own the largest Mac computer dealership in Canada, some $100 million a year back in 1995. I know all about paying suppliers (in this case, home owners are their suppliers). You see you just PAY them, write a cheque, or write transfer. No brainer. Millions and millions of times a day, no 3% rip-off!
Oh, yes and that's after a couple days of phone calls to the India call centre in which they verified all my details etc etc ... suddenly once everything is verified ... oops, Canada ... too bad, so sad, we do not like Canadians at Flipkey.
GO AWAY CANADIANS!!!
Way ta go Flipkey and all associated companies including TripAdvisor (for whom I wrote a few reviews, never again.)
You know the old expression.- "Rip me off once, shame on you. Rip me off twice, shame on me!"
SHAMELESS USA ARROGANCE STRIKES AGAIN.
PS: OH, NICE COINCIDENCE, THEIR WEBSITE DOES NOT ACCEPT ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT THEM ON THEIR ONLINE CONTACT FORM. IT SIMPLY DOES NOT SEND!!! Not in Safari, not in Firefox. Tried to reach them for a full hour. NO EMAIL ADDRESSES. NO CONTACT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU ARE OVERSEAS (I'm travelling 2 months which is why my home is rented, big time zone diffs.)
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Stealing three percent of payment
- Poor responses from help
- Censorship of mail
- Inconsistencies on web site
- Long wait time on phone
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- House Rental
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "These are some of the problems. I have reported in the home. Caroline refuses to come to the home to see the issues. These are not pricely repairs, this is..."
- "I Hate This Company With A Passion! No Wonder The Other Review Gave Them A One (1) Star Rating As Well! I have been severely harassed and tormented by Ruben s Jr...."
- "We rented a property through FlipKey last weekend, and when we arrived we discovered most of the amenities promised weren't there, the property was filthy, the outside was trashed, and..."
- "Today I noticed a charge for $258.90 (CAD) on my VISA card for a JDate subscription. I called to cancel this as I do not use the site anymore and..."
- "Vitabreeze. It’s an Amazon-only scam that you probably have never heard of. Never heard of that company, right? That’s because they are a fly-by-night Amazon scam, with FAKE REVIEWS on..."
- "A couple weeks ago me and my daughter (13), went to pet smart with our 2 year old whippet. This was our second time at pet smart only because they..."
- "Every Ulta that my mother and I have been to has been a very poor experience in terms of customer service. Everyone has the personality of a potato. They are..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."