Never again will I book from Flipkey/Tripadvisor.First of all, the owner of this property put me through ***.

I contacted her to request a booking on the day of the reservation and she accepted it. At this point me and my family were on our way to the rental from out of town (6 hours drive). I thought that it was odd that she accepted my request yet she did not provide the address to the house. I called her back half an hour later she said there was an error in the booking (the dates that I requested had already been booked by other travelers) and not to worry my reservation would be cancelled and I would be refunded in 24 hours.

This had caused us to scramble to find a hotel for 9 family members as we were an hour away from our destination. That was fine as long as I would get that refund. It was my fault for trying to book literally at the last moment. Pass forward a week with the constant response back and forth between myself and the owner I still did not get my refund.

She gave me the runaround and made every excuse in the book to stall on the refund. It was only when I threatened her with a lawsuit that she finally refunded back to my paypal account. The nightmare only started with the owner. For some reason Flipkey holds refundable damage deposits (mine is 400 USD)for 10 days after the booking ends even when the reservation was cancelled before the travelers were to show.

In my case, I shouldn't have to wait that long since it was the fault of the owner. However, I waited anyway without complaints. Ten days passed and I hadn't received anything. I contacted Flipkey customer service department, which is headquartered either in England or India (all the service reps I've spoken to have thick Indian accent, some of which I could not understand).

I inquired about the status of this refundable damage deposit and was told to wait from 24-48 hours until it gets back into my papal account. I waited 5 days and still nothing. I called them back and was told again to wait 48 hours. Two days later I called back and the service rep said it was still processing and did not know why it took so long.

I asked to speak with management and was told I could not contact them directly. So, whatever the problem was I would need to talk to the service rep and in turn he/she would "escalate" the problem. Mind you this problem has started March 31st and now is May 15th and nothing has been resolved. I have spoken to, quite literally, 10 service reps and each and everyone of them has told me the same thing...."I will escalate this problem to a higher department.." I don't know what else to do.

I need advice/help.I want my refund (400.00) and move forward as quickly as possible but if I have to I will file a lawsuit against them.

Review about: Flipkey Customer Care.

Reason of review: Refundable Damage Deposit not refunded..

I didn't like: Worst customer service, Customer service and not being paid.

Had an Experience with Flipkey?

Comments