FlipKey Fraud

73 of 223 Flipkey reviews

Update added by user Dec 19, 2015

Update: spending hours on the phone with FlipKey has convinced me just how bad of a company they are.I've spoken with one agent multiple times who was completely useless and would say how understanding he was out one side of his mouth while again quoting the policy out the other side.

What's nice is that they will very rarely hang up on you unless you curse at them, so most of the time, I managed to get them to at least call the owner and tell him to work with me after they quoted their policy at me again.

Last night I spent an hour on the phone with them and they called the owner, who reiterated to them that he would offer me one night's refund, to which I replied I would accept no less than the two nights we were not in the unit.

I did not demand a full refund, simply the two nights we did not spend there.

After FlipKey again told me that I should have called within 24-hours of the first night of our stay (made impossible since the owner did not change our check-in day on FlipKey's booking) I had had enough and posted this negative review on their website.

As of this morning, 12/19/2015, the owner has sent me an eCheck for the two nights I have requested.Once it clears, I will update this posting as resolved.

Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2015

Booked a 4-night stay in Daytona Beach. Owner accepted, and then a week beforehand contacts us saying he has overbooked his property and that we can either cancel or stay three nights.

We agree to three nights as we can just get another night in Atlanta on the way down. He never offers a refund, I didn't get one until I pressed the issue.

We get to the unit and soon wonder how it was "overbooked" - it's awful. The bed is at least 25 years old, saggy and awful. All surfaces have a layer of grime on them. Floor is dirty, curtains are dirty, fixtures are loose, ceiling fan is saggy and has obviously soaked up enough salt water that it has been there for ages and never serviced.

Reading FlipKey's service policy, it becomes clear what happened: the owner is ensuring he gets paid by skirting the "Peace of Mind Guarantee" that says that bookings must have complaints reported within the first 24 hours of check-in. We didn't even have a chance because he never changed our booking date with FlipKey.

Customer service is a joke; disorganized, foreign, and they simply quote their policies over and over at you regardless of case history and has no idea what you're talking about most of the time. I called and finally got through to someone sympathetic sounding and he then told me to submit a (ridiculous) claim form and pictures and that they would deactivate this person's listings (hasn't happened) and try to refund my money (also hasn't happened). I realize this was cheap - I had a wedding in FL to attend and we are low on funds this time of year. We had used a condo like this in the past and had a great time, on a great property. This was a terrible experience.

This ruined our vacation and I am furious every time I have to deal with FlipKey. NEVER BOOK WITH THEM.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Daytona Beach Hawaiian Inn
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #753213 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Flipkey? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
73 of 223 Flipkey reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.