Update added by user Dec 19, 2015
Update: spending hours on the phone with FlipKey has convinced me just how bad of a company they are.I've spoken with one agent multiple times who was completely useless and would say how understanding he was out one side of his mouth while again quoting the policy out the other side.
What's nice is that they will very rarely hang up on you unless you curse at them, so most of the time, I managed to get them to at least call the owner and tell him to work with me after they quoted their policy at me again.
Last night I spent an hour on the phone with them and they called the owner, who reiterated to them that he would offer me one night's refund, to which I replied I would accept no less than the two nights we were not in the unit.
I did not demand a full refund, simply the two nights we did not spend there.
After FlipKey again told me that I should have called within 24-hours of the first night of our stay (made impossible since the owner did not change our check-in day on FlipKey's booking) I had had enough and posted this negative review on their website.
As of this morning, 12/19/2015, the owner has sent me an eCheck for the two nights I have requested.Once it clears, I will update this posting as resolved.
Original review posted by user Dec 17, 2015
Booked a 4-night stay in Daytona Beach. Owner accepted, and then a week beforehand contacts us saying he has overbooked his property and that we can either cancel or stay three nights.
We agree to three nights as we can just get another night in Atlanta on the way down. He never offers a refund, I didn't get one until I pressed the issue.
We get to the unit and soon wonder how it was "overbooked" - it's awful. The bed is at least 25 years old, saggy and awful. All surfaces have a layer of grime on them. Floor is dirty, curtains are dirty, fixtures are loose, ceiling fan is saggy and has obviously soaked up enough salt water that it has been there for ages and never serviced.
Reading FlipKey's service policy, it becomes clear what happened: the owner is ensuring he gets paid by skirting the "Peace of Mind Guarantee" that says that bookings must have complaints reported within the first 24 hours of check-in. We didn't even have a chance because he never changed our booking date with FlipKey.
Customer service is a joke; disorganized, foreign, and they simply quote their policies over and over at you regardless of case history and has no idea what you're talking about most of the time. I called and finally got through to someone sympathetic sounding and he then told me to submit a (ridiculous) claim form and pictures and that they would deactivate this person's listings (hasn't happened) and try to refund my money (also hasn't happened). I realize this was cheap - I had a wedding in FL to attend and we are low on funds this time of year. We had used a condo like this in the past and had a great time, on a great property. This was a terrible experience.
This ruined our vacation and I am furious every time I have to deal with FlipKey. NEVER BOOK WITH THEM.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Daytona Beach Hawaiian Inn
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "Timeshare owners beware! According to the FTC, numerous state attorney generals, BBB and other trusted sources, timeshare owners and consumers going on timeshare presentations are under attack. Anyone who has..."
- "I advertise 2 properties on Flipkey site. Firstly I'd briefly like to agree with several of the previous reviewers that communication from "Flipkey help" (if you can find out how to..."
- "me and my wife account got banned permanently i was a leader of a 2.4m alliance and rating was 98k ive never done anything wrong nor has my wife in..."
- "We switched to DT from cable which we loved, so we could use our satellite in our motor home . When we called we explained to them exactly what we..."
- "First off i'm a 17 year old guy. I have a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT and needed tires badly, I have a friend who referred me to "Rent a Wheel"..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."