Rental owners be aware FlipKey/Trip Advisor wont hold back damage deposits.

I am living in Denmark and I have an apartment in Lagos Algarve Portugal which I am renting out through FlipKey/TripAdvisor. 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail from the apartment administration office in Lagos telling me my renters had spoiled the main entrance door to the building, and the police had been involved and made a report.

After the administration had repaired the door I received another e-mail telling me the amount I had to pay for the damage.

I then contacted FlipKey/TripAdvisor with the damage reports I had received from Lagos, see the attached e-mail copy, and told them to hold back a part of the damage deposit. As a result TripAdvisor told me they could not accept the report because in their eyes it was not an official report !!!, and I would get no damage deposit from the renters. It was the only official report I could get within 7 days, which is the time limit for holding back a damage deposit.

Further more FlipKey/TripAdvisor gives you no change to find out in advance if your renters are decent persons or a bunch of hooligans.

My advice: House owners, stay far away from FlipKey/TripAdvisor.

Niels Pedersen.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Flipkey. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Flipkey.
Filing a new complaint about