Rental owners be aware FlipKey/Trip Advisor wont hold back damage deposits.
I am living in Denmark and I have an apartment in Lagos Algarve Portugal which I am renting out through FlipKey/TripAdvisor. 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail from the apartment administration office in Lagos telling me my renters had spoiled the main entrance door to the building, and the police had been involved and made a report.
After the administration had repaired the door I received another e-mail telling me the amount I had to pay for the damage.
I then contacted FlipKey/TripAdvisor with the damage reports I had received from Lagos, see the attached e-mail copy, and told them to hold back a part of the damage deposit. As a result TripAdvisor told me they could not accept the report because in their eyes it was not an official report !!!, and I would get no damage deposit from the renters. It was the only official report I could get within 7 days, which is the time limit for holding back a damage deposit.
Further more FlipKey/TripAdvisor gives you no change to find out in advance if your renters are decent persons or a bunch of hooligans.
My advice: House owners, stay far away from FlipKey/TripAdvisor.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
You May Also Like
- "I have a property listed that I will be removing as soon as my current issue gets resolved. I filed a detailed deposit claim by email which was $450 of..."
- "Angry consumer. After paying to stay for 30 days I've been staying at the extended stay America on 1031 pacific center Anaheim calif. After noticing..."
- "My family and I stayed at the Days Inn in Blue Springs Mo Oct thru Nov this year @012. On Nov 4th my wife awoke at 3am with pain in..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "Ordered for a VPS and recieved: - Recieved a non-functional VPS - Extreme poor performance (Memory and connection) - Was faulty already right from the start: - Slow and almost non-existent support - No..."