I LOVE TRIP ADVISOR & RELY ON THEM HEAVILY FOR POSTED PICTURES & REVIEWS FROM TRAVELERS.FOR THIS REASON, I DECIDED TO TRY FLIPKEY TO FIND A PLACE TO STAY IN FLORIDA FOR A WEEK.

THE WEBSITE IS AWFUL. THEY ASK YOU TO TYPE IN YOUR DATES TO CHECK FOR AVAILABILITY. WHEN I DID THAT 1000 LISTINGS POPPED UP AS AVAILABLE. I MUST HAVE CHECKED 10-15 LISTINGS AND EACH TIME I SENT AN INQUIRY IT CAME BACK NOT AVAILABLE YET I AM STILL SEEING THESE LISTINGS ON THE WEBSITE.

IN ADDITION, THOSE SAME LISTINGS POP UP WITH HIGHER RATES? I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. IF THE LISTING IS NOT AVAILABLE, THE PROPERTY SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE WEBSITE. THE OWNER OF THE UNIT OR PROP MGT COMPANY SHOULD HAVE TO NOTIFY THE FLIP KEY OF THE UNAVAILABILITY PRIOR TO NOTIFYING THE CUSTOMER.

THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT TO HOW LONG THEIR LISTING CAN STAY UP AS WELL. I RENTED A HOME FROM HOME AWAY LAST YEAR & HAD NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER. EVERY RENTAL THAT SAID WAS AVAILABLE WAS AVAILABLE. I TALKED DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER WITH QUESTIONS, BOOKED IT, LOVED IT.

THAT WAS IT. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN FLIP KEY BECAUSE THEY ALLOW THESE PEOPLE TO LIST ON THEIR WEBSITE AND GIVE THE CONSUMER NO PROTECTION.

I HAVE ALSO HEARD OF PEOPLE BOOKING UNITS & WHEN THEY GOT THERE, IT WAS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.I WISH FLIP KEY WOULD HAVE A MORE STRICT WAY OF MONITORING AND WEEDING OUT THESE INDIVIDUALS.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "verifibility of listing information on website" of flipkey property listing. Flipkey needs to "flip key to impose more strict rules & regulations regarding the information their customers post on their website. put a tool in place on their website where the owner of listing must not be able to list unless the property is actually available" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned flipkey property listing in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Flipkey. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Airbnb.

Had an Experience with Flipkey?

Comments