Allendale, New Jersey

Ok, i booked a 2br/2bath through Flipkey in Los Angeles for a March 10-20 2016 stay well in advance, paid my deposit and paid off balance Feb 11th as asked. I was now excited for my trip to start. I get an email/call literally Feb 23rd, 10 days after I paid in full, that my booking was cancelled by the owner. They gave me a reason that owner sold his apt and can't rent it anymore. Now I have about 2 weeks to find another place, I have spoken to 6 different FK (flip key) reps since this happen, not one of them showed any urgency to fix the problem. I specified I needed 2br/2b and a pool and I'm leaving in 10 days so please help. First set of new properties came in email, no follow up call (as I heard I was going to get) nothing close to what I needed. Next person I called I had to explain whole story to again (btw I had to tell same story to every single person I talked to at FK, including a couple supervisors) they promised help and said will send over more properties to look at and call me later to discuss if call volume wasn't high. No call, and most of what they sent were 1br no pool etc. I call next day, get another rep, he is going to help me get this problem fixed. He sent me over 8 nice properties to look at in Miami, Fla. only problem was we are going to Los Angeles. At this point I emailed back and swore they had me on candid camera. This charade continued thru a few more reps with no concrete leads. Finally, Tuesday, March 1st, I talked to someone that actually seemed to care and help more then all the others. We went over all the same listings left, some were available and seemed great but of course once owner was contacted place wasn't available. I decided to try other companies and found a place 60 feet from my original place I got screwed on for 400 dollars less, no booking fee. Next day I was contacted, signed rental agreement and ready to go. Sorry for lengthy review, however, I am also in the customer service business and the funny thing about customer service is this "you don't notice customer service until your not getting it" and trust me FK does not get it and certainly didn't give it in this situation.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Flipkey. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Airbnb that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Flipkey.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Travel category for more informed decision or compare Flipkey to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Flipkey?

Comments

Yep, my experience exactly. I'm sure it works well when it works, but when it doesn't, too bad, so sad. They work for the property owners, but the travelers are the ones who pay.

to Anonymous Orlando, Florida, United States #1132636

Did either of you lose your deposit?Did you balance in full?

I'm glad I'm reading these bad reviews. Sounds like what i was about to go through.

They wanted my online booking deposit before they would even give me a phone number to talk to someone or the address to the home.I needed to know how far it was from my jobsite for i travel for work.

to JP Cape May, New Jersey, United States #1142520

You should have been able to get those answers from the owner.I am often asked how far from the beach?The owners would have gotten your question and should have answered it.They can't give out the address because flipkey wants it's cut.